Glasfaser - WAN
- Kataloge / Links
- Schränke & Baugruppen
- Fiber Guide
- Glasfasermuffen / LWL Muffen
- FTTH Netzabschluss
- C - Rail
- Pigtails, Patchkabel & Kupplungen
- Break-Out Kabel & IFC
- Wellenlängen Multiplexer (WDM)
- Glasfaser Werkzeuge
- LWL Kabel
Kupfer - WAN
- Mechanische Muffen
- Werkzeug & Zubehör
- Datacenter - LAN
Single-mode cable assemblies
Pigtails and jumpers
Single-mode fiber optic cable assemblies are designed for use in telecommunications, CATV, datacommunications and wide area network applications.
Pigtails are single fiber cables preassembled with a connector at one end. They are typically used to terminate primary coated fiber to optical equipment. For special applications (such as FIST boxes) pigtails are available which are factory stripped up and have a pre-installed FOPT transportation tube for precise length adjustment to the single element tray.
Jumpers are single fiber cables preassembled with a connector at both ends.
They are typically used to cross-connect patch panel to patch panel and to interconnect patch panels to optical equipment.
- All connectors are built with full ceramic ferrules and tuned for best compatibility and performance
- TE`s standard single mode fiber is according to ITU-T G.657.A1
- For all single-mode connectors used on the pigtails and jumpers the matching adapters are available and can be ordered separately
TE Connectivity offers two ranges of cable assembly specifications according to IEC 61755-1:
- Grade C as a standard quality for use in Data centers and FTTX application as a cost effective connection
- Grade B as a superior quality for use in CATV, PONs and WDM Networks